Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Christmas at the Stokers

There are so many things to say about Christmas this year. It was awesome. I love my family. I love to laugh. I love to sing. I love Christmas minute-to-win-it. I love to dance. I love volleyball. I love to dress up. I love popcorn and movies, and I love this music video with my loved ones in it. 



This was Hyrum's first Christmas, and it was sweet to reflect on our Savior's birth with my own baby next to me.The miraculous event of Jesus Christ's birth has become so much more real to me after having a child. I'm sure Mary was exhausted. I'm sure she was apprehensive. But I'm also sure that she was so very very happy. I can picture the tears streaming down her cheeks as she met her little Stranger, an overwhelming sense of joy, peace, and love enveloping all gathered in the stable. 

Joseph painted this for my parents
And I know Santa Claus is not the reason for the season, but it sure is fun to dress up. 



1 comment:

  1. Love your reflections on Mary's experience. And I love you.

    ReplyDelete